Gator By The Bay is a Louisiana style music festival with Cajun, zydeco, blues & swing music, food and lots of dancing that happens every year over the Mother’s Day weekend at the Spanish Landing in San Diego, California. Additionally, this music and dance festival is cultural event party sponsored by the state of Louisiana tourism with additional sponsors including the Commission of Arts and Culture City of San Diego, Unified Port of San Diego, Jazz 88.3, House of Blues, San Diego.com and others.
Do you want to learn zydeco, jitterbug and other dances at the Gator by the Bay festival, check out the dance lessons at the event (filter by dance lessons)!
(Photo from Gator By The Bay 2011 of Horace Trahan by Al Gardner)
In 2017, GBTB happens May 11 – May 14th presented by San Diego Bon Temps Social Club and will include 100 musical acts, seven stages, and 10k of crawfish. Additionally, there will be plenty of dancing and dance lessons including: zydeco, cajun and swing dancing. Finally, visitors from out of town can enjoy the incredible San Diego weather.
Gator By The Bay Music & Musicians
(Keith Frank @ San Diego, 2008)
(Lisa Haley and the Zydekats @ 2009)
(2008 Clip from Greg Benusa)
(Brian Jack @ 2010)
(Photo from Gator By The Bay by Richard Raney Photography)
- Five stages for the music festival
- A music/jam lesson
- A Bayou Grove Stage for local and visiting musicians to give workshops, talk and tell stories
- A tast of Louisiana food sample & demo tent
- Sweepstakes to win a trip for w to Lafayette, Louisiana, the heart of Cajun Country.
- Mardi Gras parade & kids area
- Dance Lessons (FREE) in Cajun, zydeco and salsa, zumba and Charleston
- Free Shuttles and bicycle valet for easy transportation
Here is some additional information for Gator By The Bay 2015:
Complete Info @ Festival Website