Oktoberfest San Diego guide features all of the Oktoberfest celebrations across San Diego county. Moreover, San Diego goes all out for this two hundred year old fall festival with over 10 events locally.
San Diego, America’s Finest City, is the perfect place for outdoor festivals. Moreover, Oktoberfest San Diego is one of our favorite celebrations with close to a dozen events annually. Generally, the celebrations start at the end of September and continue through early October. Also, San Diego weather is perfect this time of year with our extended summer and slight autumn cooling! Additionally, San Diegans love craft beers with over 150 brew houses locally (as of September 14, 2017). Furthermore, the German American Society of San Diego sponsors one of the largest local festivals in El Cajon over two weekends.
La Mesa Oktoberfest 2012
San Diego is home to a large dance community. Moreover, they enjoy dancing to the German bands, orchestras and deejays playing um-pah-pah waltzes and polkas. Also, one can find Oktoberfest San Diego festivals scattered around the county including El Cajon, La Mesa, Carlsbad, Encinitas, Ocean Beach Ramona, downtown San Diego, South Park and even the Hotel Del Coronado.
Oktoberfest San Diego Festivals 2017
- El Cajon Festival, Friday to Sunday, two weekends, September 29-October 8, 2017. The German American Societies of San Diego puts on the El Cajon festival over two weekends. They bring in a band from Bavaria, Guggenbach-Buam to perform at the event.
- La Mesa Festival, September 29-October 1, 2017. This is La Mesa’s 41st annual three day festival with Bavarian beer and German style cuisine and music.
- Encinitas Festival, October 1, 2017, 10 AM to 5:30 PM, features a German American band, Bavarian dancers, 200 vendors, kids activities, a parade, food, refreshments, beer!
- Ocean Beach Oktoberfest, October 7, 2017. A beach two day festival event with food, beer, music and games!
- Carlsbad Festival, October 7, 2017. This festival features live music, German food, and other fun activities plus a traditional German dinner for $12.
- Ramona Festival, October 4th, 1-10 PM. This festival includes beer and wine garden, car show, pumpkins and lots of kids activities.
- Parktoberfest in South Park, October 11th, 11 AM to 10 PM. This festival features live music, beer garden, kids carnival and more.
- Oktoberfest Beer and Music Festival, Downtown San Diego, October 14th, 2017, 6-10 PM. Also, this fest is sponsored by Rockstarbeer featuring 60 craft beers, German style beers, music provided by bands and deejays, food. It is located at Waterfront Lane Field. $25 (until 10/1), $30 (until 10/7), $35 (until 10/13) and $40 day of event.
Additional County Oktoberfest Festivals 2017
- Oktoberfest at The Inn at Rancho Santa Fe, September 25th, 3-7 PM. They host their own family friendly Bavarian celebration featuring beer garden, live music, German food and kids activities.
- Hotel Del Coronado Festival 2017, September 29th -October 1st, 11:30 AM. The Del’s celebration includes Bavarian style beer garden at the Sun Deck and German style pretzels.
- Bierfest: A Beer Tasting ,October 9th, 6-8 PM, $30 ($20 members). The San Diego Museum of Man opens after hours offering German style brewery beers, pretzels and fun at the museum.
Oktoberfest El Cajon
There are many Oktoberfest celebrations across the United States. Also, Oktoberfest festivals happen around the world with the largest one in Munich, Germany. In addition, this is where the Oktoberfest originated in 1810 as a wedding celebration for King Ludwig.
Oktoberfest El Cajon 2008